Developing a Community Toys for Tots Drive in Your Association
A great way to give back to your local area is to develop a Community wide Toys for Tots drive! Each year many Communities participate in the U.S. Marines Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The U.S. Marine Corp. collects new, unwrapped toys during the months of October, November, and December each year, and they distribute the toys as Christmas gifts to the less fortunate children in the local area. They unite members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign.
The goal is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope. By combined efforts they help the less fortunate children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas. The Toys for Tots program allows the Association to play a role in the development of one of our nation’s most valuable resources – our children.
The collection process is fun and rewarding as the homeowners join together in celebrating the holidays the very best way we know how, by giving.
If you would like to become a Toys for Tots drop off location please log onto www.toysfortots.org.
1. Click the “Toy Drop-Offs” button at the top of the page
2. Select your state
– City and County search options will appear
3. Select the city or county nearest your location
– Contact by phone, FAX, email (Recommend you use email. Click the hypertext email address. An email form will appear)
4. Fill out the form by providing your name, phone number and address plus a description of your business. State that you want to volunteer to be a toy drop off location. Send to coordinator.
The Coordinator will contact you.
**Please also remember babies and pre-teen/teens when shopping for toys**
Thank you and Happy Holidays!